Well folks, after three and a half long months of work, it's finally here. I started the project back in September with the anticipation of having it finished by Thanksgiving.
So, I was off by about a month, sue me :D .
I'm going to cut to the chase and show you the stages of the last and final drawing of the three piece montage. Enjoy.
Here is a recap, image by image, from beginning to end:
Square one. Nothing. Nada. Zip. I honestly had no idea how I was going to approach this blank sheet of paper. If there's one thing that I'm fairly good at, however, it's flying by the seat of my pants.
It wasn't until midway through the first piece when, in my head, I finally developed a fuzzy (and I mean, really fuzzy) concept on how I was going to approach the rest of the drawing.
Here was my scheme of attack, and everything just sort of fell into place. Funny how that happens.
Like I said, falling into place.
And there you have it, all 24x19 inches of it!
Sometime within the week, I'm going to carefully take this beast to the local frame shop on base to have it matted and framed. I expect to personally hand-deliver this sucker to Daniel Defense, Inc. in Black Creek, Georgia sometime either late January or early February. After all the hard work that I've put into this, there's absolutely NO WAY that I'm going to trust just anyone to safely transport it.
It's now time to put this project to rest, so I hereby pronounce this Mission Accomplished.